Pages

Sunday 28 April 2013

30 Days of Trans - Days 26 and 27 - Answering questions and goals

Day 26 - Do you feel comfortable answering questions about being trans if say your teacher/friend/stranger asked you
Saturday 27th April

I'm totally at ease with answering questions about being trans. I said this in the letter that was read to my colleagues when they found out. When I've met up with friends and they've asked me questions I've answered them as honestly as I can. It does depend on the particular question and who is asking it though. I'd feel uncomfortable discussing anything related to my sexuality unless it was with a close friend. Other than that there's not really anything I'd feel awkward discussing.

In fact in a couple of weeks I've agreed to do a 10 minute talk as part of a “Out at Work” event being organised by the LGBT society at one of the local universities. I know that quite a few people have a horrendous time when it comes to being trans at work. I haven't had that experience so I thought it would be good to have that put across.

As soon as I've done it I'll post about it.


Day 27 - What goals do you have
Sunday 28th April

My goals for this year are mainly sport, domestic and burlesque based. There are a couple that are trans related. The colour scheme is black for things I've not started, pink for those that are in progress and green for the ones that I've completed. Hopefully by the end of the year they'll all be green or pink.

Sport

Complete Outlaw Triathlon
Complete Outlaw Half
Complete DIY Olympic Triathlon

Burlesque

Perform True Love routine
Develop Moon River routine
Develop Messin' with Fire routine
Perform Messin' with Fire routine
Develop Knock 1 2 3 routine
Get corset from Mags
Make-up lesson with Inma
Train to teach burlesque
Develop Diamond Heist routine
Perform Diamond Heist routine

Work

Pass ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst exam
Develop C# programming ability

Home

Finish decorating small bedroom
Tidy garden
Empty attic of things we don't need

Transition

Get referred back to Laurels in December
Complete speech therapy
Start laser hair removal
Electrolysis on breasts and chest area

My longer term goals are mainly burlesque related which are mainly to have performed the routines that I've been working on because I doubt that I'll perform all of the routines this year. Beyond that I'm looking at sport related ones which are:

2014 – Complete John O' Groats to Land's End bike ride.
2015 – Complete a 10km open water swim, thinking about doing the Dark 10K.
2017 – Complete the Marathon De Sables.

As you can see I'm hell bent on doing ridiculously stupid length endurance events. My body isn't designed for short, sprint type events but plodding on over longer distances is something that it manages to do without too much physical difficulties.

The only real trans linked goal I have other than the ones that I've listed is to have my GRS at the end of 2014, or at least to be in the process of obtaining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment