Pages

Saturday 16 January 2010

Small steps

In my post in response to Miss D's poll about what us sissy's are going todo this year I mentioned getting my nails done at a salon. I've not done that yet but I will do when I have the time to combine a body waxing, getting my eye brows waxed and my eye lashes tinted with having my nails done. Haven't planned when I'm going to do it yet but it will mean a good half day in the salon.

In the meantime I can work on my nails at home. I can grow them to a more sissy length and keep them femininely shaped. But there is something even better that I can do.

Today I picked up a package that contained a bottle of O.P.I Matte Nail Envy nail strengthener.

I've worn nail strengthener before from time to time but it tends to be glossy and noticeable. On one occasion a colleague actually noticed the shine and asked me if I was wearing nail varnish. I told him that it was just the natural sheen of my nails and he accepted it. I'm not going to risk that at the moment so I've gone down the matte path.

As soon as I had got the bottle out of the packaging I had my nails painted. Yes it doesn't shine, apart from very slightly when the light hits it right, even then it could just be put down to a natural sheen.

The upshot of this is that I can now wear something on my finger nails 24/7 without fear of anyone realising. I am so looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with trying the nail strengthener.
    Hugz, sissygurl benlinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good gurl jenny! Nail strengthener should allow you to keep your nails nice a bit longer without becoming all tattered at the edges. Of course, in time, I do encourage you to use a gloss coat. The point of polish is to keep your nails long and pretty - feminine! No rush though - small steps are good - just as long as you take the steps...

    Miss D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss D,

    I'm looking forward to keeping my nails longer and eventually having a manicure in the salon.
    I would love to wear a gloss coat full time, at the moment I work in an office with a keyboard and shiny nails would be easily noticed. Long feminine fingernails I'll probably get away with though.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete