Pages

Thursday 21 March 2019

Cyprus 2019 - day 12


20th March 2019

Final day in Cyprus. I didn’t sleep very well, tossing and turning throughout the night. I’ve not slept brilliantly the whole time I’ve been here. That’s just highlighted how much I normally sleep. Three to five hours then tossing and turning. When I get back home, I’m going to wear my Garmin to bed for a week and look at my sleep pattern using that.

It’s another sunny morning, blue skies, birds singing. Most of my things are packed ready to leave. I’ve just got a few last-minute things to put in my bag and rucksack and then I’m ready to go.

Breakfast first though as that is probably going to e what fuels me for the entire day, other than some drinks.

I’m going to write this entry as I go along, it will give me something to do.

------------

The drive to the airport was almost as pleasant as the drive to Ayia Napa, just a bit more traffic to contend with but the sun was shining, and the scenery was fabulous.

Going through security was again a bit of a delay but that was because even leaving my camera lenses in my bag, while taking my laptop and camera out, merits a rescan of everything. Something to remember for when I go to Finland.

Now it’s just a case of sitting and waiting for my flight to be called, which shouldn’t be long.

 ------------

The flight back was uneventful. I managed to read 3 of the 5 stories in my book.

For about the last hour of the flight, whenever I looked out the window of the aeroplane all I could see was white clouds. It looked like a snow-covered landscape. If I’d not known that we were at 34,000 feet I could have imagined that we were flying low over the Antarctic landscape.

I also found myself imaging a giant sky whale surfacing from within the clouds before diving back into them once more. A great idea for a short story perhaps.

The drive home from the airport was uneventful. I was glad to see Tracey and be back home again.

Before I went to bed, I finished watching The Umbrella Academy. Definitely a series I want to watch when they bring out season 2.

I also had my first taste of Metaxa. Boy, is that easy to drink, and to drink too much of.

No comments:

Post a Comment