Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Cyprus 2019 - day 11


19th March 2019

Last full day in Cyprus. Tomorrow I fly back to the UK.

I’ve not done a lot today. Went for a spa treatment this morning, slimming massage. It was nice.

The rest of the day has been chilling and watching The Umbrella Academy which I’d downloaded from Netflix.

Well not all of it. I went finished packing the last bits I could and went out for a short walk this afternoon. Bought a few last-minute presents, had a few beers, dinner and now I’m getting ready to go to bed and get a good night’s sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day.

A two-hour drive to Paphos airport, filling up the hire car with petrol before I drop it off.

Lugging a large bag and a bike box from the car hire place to baggage drop off. Sitting around departures waiting for my flight. A five-hour flight back to the UK. Pick up luggage. Catch a bus to the car park. Hour or so drive home and then bed for a few hours, knowing that I’ll have to get up 2 hours earlier than I’ve had to the last few days in order to get Tracey off to work, and on Thursday and Friday for me to get to the pool and gym so that I can get back into my training.

I still find myself having regrets about not doing better in Sunday’s race. When I’ve seen the sea looking almost completely calm and know that if those had been the conditions I’d have got around the swim and then most likely gone on to complete the bike and run, I feel disappointed but I have to keep telling myself, if I’d had an easy swim then I wouldn’t have any idea that I need to work harder to become a stronger swimmer so that I can overcome conditions like that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment