Pages

Monday 18 March 2019

Cyprus 2019 - day 10


18th March 2019

Today has been the first day after the triathlon and I didn’t have to do any training. It was great not having to get up before 7 in order to be at the pool for 8, or at transition before 7 to set up my kit.

Breakfast was a leisurely affair which was followed by booking myself a sports massage and a slimming treatment in the spa.

After that I wandered into Ayia Napa to the monastery.

It wasn’t as big as I thought it might be, but it was a lovely place to visit. The church that forms its centre, is partly built from a cave. Inside there are several icons depicting the Virgin Mary.

For the second time this trip I lit a candle for Rhys, but this time included Mum and Dad. I also left a prayer for health request for Tracey, Annette, Jess and Charlotte.

After wandering around the rest of the monastery and the area outside, I went back into the church and prayed to the Virgin Mary. Something I’ve not done for a long time because I was never taught to pray to her so it’s something I do infrequently.

The walk to and from the monastery was simple, even though I took a more roundabout route getting there, I took a more direct one coming back. Ayia Napa is an interesting town, full of places that wouldn’t be out of place in any town in the UK, but with a few places that you wouldn’t find on your British High Street; like a strip club.

As a lone trans woman I felt surprisingly safe walking around. Is this just me? Have I developed an attitude where I don’t care about my safety if it means I get to explore new places? I don’t know.

The sports massage was great, even if I had to be told several times to relax, not tense up, and let the therapist move limbs around. It’s going to hurt tomorrow but I’m not going worry about it because I know that I needed it.

As much as I’ve loved being around people for the last week and a bit, it’s nice to have a couple of days to myself. Accountable to just myself, and able to go and explore where I want, when I want.

Tomorrow will be a road trip after my spa treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment