Pages

Friday 27 January 2012

Life Circle - Looking to the Future (Recap)

Life Circle

This weeks task is to develop a life plan. The idea is to look ahead over the next five years and to see where you think you'll be.
I put together a life plan last year when we completed this task so rather than completing a new one I'm going to review the previous one and see how things have gone over the last couple of months and any changes that I see the future bringing.

You can read the original life plan here.

6 months from now
I'm now into my third week of RLE. So far my prediction that several people would turn their back on me has not come true. People at work have adapted to the change and we're all back into the thick of things with lots of work to do and not enough time to do it. Of course I've not worn a skirt to work yet so with my killer legs I might have a few of the other women moaning :-)

The Pink Kitten show was indeed fabulous. I'm three quarters of the way through a fan dance course with the intermediate class and we're going to be performing in the Valentine's show on the 11th February. Next week we'll be having a dress rehearsal of the full routine and will be performing to the beginners class that runs at the same time and place as ours.

My costume is coming along. I've got to pay for the materials today and the Mags who is making it can get started. I can't wait to see the finished article and will be starting to work on the routine I'm going to perform the first time I wear it for a show.

I've not had time to do the training so that I can teach a burlesque class but I have found that most of the women that I've told that I do burlesque have said that they would love to do something like that. I've also come across someone in another part of the UK who has advertised that they are going to run classes for transgendered people. Its an interesting idea and one that I might keep in the back of my mind for the future.

1 year from now
I'm still planning on entering the Outlaw Triathlon in 2013. My training at the moment is a bit hit and miss but I've started back at the gym as I seriously need to work on strengthening my core muscles and intend to get back into running and cycling this week.
The Pink Kitten Halloween showcase is still on the cards and I've got plenty of time to come up with a routine, my new costume should even be ready by then.
In addition to what I originally saw happening I'll also have been on hormones for about 6 to 9 months by this point.

2 years from now
I still see myself having completed the Outlaw Triathlon. I'll also be close to having completed

5 years from now
Life is going to be so different in 5 years time. I'm going to be so different. I should be at least two years post-op. My son will have left school and be training to be a doctor or a nurse.
Performing and teaching burlesque on a regular basis is definitely a possibility as I'm already doing my second show in February and have a few ideas for other routines that I'll be working on.
I might not be doing sport to the same level that I have in the passed but I'll certainly be keeping myself fit. I'll need to because I realised the other day while practising the latest routine just how much strength is required to do some moves, especially when you are repeating them over and over in order to get them right.

The next 5 years are certainly not going to be boring and it will be interesting to see just how much of this I achieve.





2 comments:

  1. Not boring at all, Jenna. When I say changing your life, you really are!

    All this sounds wonderful. I hope that having a clear vision of where you want to be helps you through any difficult times that might occur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done these "where do you want to be in 5 years" exercises in work and always end up saying that I want to be doing something along the same lines. I've never actually thought about it properly. With everything that has been happening and focusing on the short term its been nice to actually think about more longer term.

      Delete