Pages

Monday 1 November 2010

Freed from the world of electronic communications

For the last week I've been more or less offline. Making up for it with an explosion of posts.

Over the last few weeks my laptop has been playing up. The screen has been flickering, it has gone blank if its been in the wrong position or even if I move it while the laptop is on. Eventually I contacted the repair people at PC World and they sent a courier to collect it so that they could fix what appeared to be a faulty connection between the screen and the main part of the laptop. 7 to 10 days without a laptop but up to a month I was told.
Ok, I can cope with that, I still have my Blackberry.

Huh, the day after I contact PC World about the laptop my phone decides firstly that it wasn't going to turn on. After an hour of charging the phone turned on. Oh joy, now it started to dial someone from my contacts. Before I finally took it back to the shop to get it repaired, or in this case replaced, it must have dialled the school room at the local hospital a dozen times.

The shop told me that it would take 7 to 10 days to get it dealt with.

I have to admit being without my phone has been good, without the laptop not so.

As of today my laptop has been returned and appears to be working fine. My phone is due back in the shop on Thursday so I should be able to pick it up either at the end of Thursday or on Friday.

By the weekend I should be back up and in contact with everyone I need to be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment