Pages

Saturday 29 May 2010

Best Ever Day - Hair Salon

This is the final part of my day on Thursday.
After my shopping trip I drove back and made my way to the little town where I go to get my hair done.
I had planned my journey back so that I would arrive in time for the appointment, maybe with a little bit of time to spare.
No such luck. I had a complete bimbo moment and as a result ended up an hour early.
Fortunately I was able to sit in the car and write up a post for the blog on my laptop.
Just before my appointment was due I put the laptop in a the bag with all my purchases and headed up the street to the salon.
The town I go to is pretty quiet at that time of the evening so I can get away with wearing a pair of studs. I love the feeling of having earring in both ears. Normally I wear just the one.
I arrived at the salon and it was empty. Lou, the hairdresser, makes sure that I'm the only one there when I go so that me can chat more freely.
Lou was out back when I arrived but came into the salon when she heard the door close.
I put my bag down out of the way and accepted the offer of a coffee. Before she left to get the coffee she told me that her brother was out back mending something.
This could be interesting I thought. If he is out there then our conversation wont be the same as the previous time I went there.
After a couple of minutes Lou came back out with the coffee and her brother in tow. He'd finished what he was doing and was leaving. We said hello to each other as he left.

I have to admit that the girl in me is certainly coming out more. In work I am surrounded by men. I've got friends that are supporting me as I am transitioning who have asked me if I thinking I'm going to be attracted to men or women at the end of all this. I honestly don't know. Certainly there is nobody among the men at work or among my circle of friends that I would say I'm attracted to. I'd run away screaming if any of the guys at work made a play for me. Most of them are too young and the ones that are more my age I don't find at all appealing.
A certain gentleman who reads this blog will be glad to hear that I'm sure and will probably take me to task concerning that later this week.
Anyway before I ramble off to much at a tangent, on my way home later I found L's brother popped into my thoughts and I found myself thinking that he was nice looking and might be nice to get to know better.
I'm definitely going to be in trouble with a certain person later this week if I keep having thoughts like that.

After Lou's brother had left we sat down facing each other with our drinks. The last time I saw Lou was just before my appointment with Dr Brook. I'd wanted to make sure that my hair looked its best for the appointment.
The look on Lou's face said "come on tell all, I want to know what's been happening."
I told her about meeting the psychiatrist and what she'd told me I had to do before she would see me again and help me to progress with my treatment. I told her about my chat with personnel at work. Then I told Lou about telling my sister that I was planning to transition.
Lou was so thrilled for me. She has realised just how much I want this from the short amount of time that we have known each other.
Of course while she was still thrilled from that I had to tell her about seeing my parents and telling them.
By the time I'd finished telling her about this she was so happy for me.
Time was getting on so we went into the back of the shop and she started dealing with my hair. She got out some straighteners and applied them to the sides and back of my head. Next time I go I will be collecting a small pair of straighteners that she has ordered for me. My hair tends to curl quite easily and that is one of the reasons that I got it severely cut the last time I tried to grow it out. Although I had straighteners then it took some time to get my hair straight in the mornings and after showers. Most of the time, once it was long enough, I would put lashings of gel on it and pull it back into a very, very small ponytail.
Lou didn't take too long to straighten and trim my hair. She's decided that having it long will look better on me and I agree with her. I want it at least shoulder length eventually but a decent bob will do as a start.
We talked about what colour I wanted it and she produced a couple of colour samples, one was a simply gorgeous red colour which I'm already hooked on and the other was a blonde colour. She's thinking that I could get away with some blonde highlights. We'll see.
Eventually we had finished with my hair and because I'd mentioned that I'd been shopping and that my purchases were in the bag I'd brought with me, Lou wanted to see them.
I got out the sandals, the leggings, the top and the dresses. Lou loved the sandals, in fact she loved everything that I'd bought. She was impressed with what I'd bought and said that I liked the classic look which is true. She then told me how I could dress up some of the things with belts, coloured leggings, ballet pump style shoes. So many tips and I'm going to follow up on some of the tips without a doubt.
Lou even approved of the lingerie that I'd bought as well.
Eventually it was time to leave. As I was leaving she said that I had a great figure. Since she has a lovely figure herself I was very flattered.
She went over some of the suggestions that she had about clothes and things and when I said perhaps I should take her with me she said she'd go. I just might hold her to that one of these days.
I can't wait until my next appointment. I'm not going to have progressed much further with telling the family. I'm waiting until mid August to tell the wife and son as we've got some family things planned which I want to go smoothly and not result in aggrevation before they are out of the way. By mid August all of those will be done and I'll be free to tell the wife that I am transitioning.

The drive home from the salon was relaxing. I managed to get the bag with all my purchases into the house without the wife finding out what was in the bag.
There was one slight hiccup when I got back home. While worrying about getting my purchases into the house and put away without being interrupted I completely forgot the fact that I was still wearing both studs. I'm pretty sure that the wife didn't notice, if she did then she certainly hasn't mentioned it.

All in all Thursday was the best day ever for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment