Pages

Friday 28 May 2010

Best Day Ever - Shopping

On the way back from seeing my parents in Wales I stopped off in Bristol at Cribbs Causeway. For those not familiar with it, Cribbs is a large mall on the outskirts of Bristol with a variety of shops.
I'd actually debated where to go shopping and had considered a number of cities that were on my route home. In the end I decided on Bristol because despite the chance that I might bump into someone I wouldn't have to pay for parking or wander for miles to just get to the shops.
I had a list of things I wanted to get and a good idea of where to get them as I'd already browsed the Cribbs website.
First stop was John Lewis as I thought it might have some of the things that I was looking for. As I wandered the shop looking at dresses and tops I couldn't believe the prices that they were charging. Eventually I gave up but not before noticing a display with what looked to be bridal lingerie. I decided that if I couldn't find the undies that I was looking for I'd come back and take another look.
I wandered to the other end of the mall and went into Marks and Spencers. As I wandered around looking to see if they had anything that was on my list I was a bit disappointed. They had lots of dresses and skirts and tops but nothing that I found myself thinking that I had to have.
Eventually I headed back out and made my way to Bhs.
As I wandered around the store I found myself coming across several tops and dresses that I liked. As I was thinking that I needed a basket an older sales assistant came up to me and asked if I needed any help. Tempting as it was I declined the offer and carried on.
In the end I picked up a top and waistcoat affair, two sleeveless dresses, and a pair of leggings. I didn't see any shoes or lingerie that I liked.
After paying for my selections I started to leave the store, just as I was walking towards the exit I bumped into the sales assistant again who said goodbye to me. I thought she was a really nice lady.
With the remainder of my shopping to find I wandered from one end of the mall to the other. There was a lot to choose from but none of them seemed to have what I was looking for in the style that I like.
Eventually I found myself back in Marks and Spencers.
I made my way to the lingerie section and wandered around trying to find suspender belts. Finally after much searching I found some with matching panties and bra. Colour wasn't what I was wanted but I wasn't going to be picky. A quick look through the bras and once more I found myself stuck. There was not one bra in my size and cup.
By now I was getting desperate so another trip to the other end of the mall and back to John Lewis. I made my way to where I'd seen the bridal lingerie. Yes, they had something with suspenders. It turned out to be a pair of knickers with suspenders attached. I looked to see if they had my size and then I checked the price. Ouch, far too expensive.
What to do? Back along the mall and into Marks once again. This time I had a good look around the lingerie section and found some undies that were my size and which looked nice. Time for a basket.
As I'd wandered around the shop I'd seen a pair of wedge sandals that I liked and so these went into the basket. In the lingerie section I selected a bra and panties that I liked and then added some stockings for good measure.
As I was looking to see if there was anything else that I liked I came across the sports bras. An idea came into my head. If I could find one in my size I might just be able to wear it, even if I didn't quite fill it out. A quick browse and I found the perfect one. Into the basket it went.
I went to the cash desk and paid for everything.
By now I was having a really good time. I'd got nearly everything I wanted so I stopped off and had something to eat at KFC. It was getting on for 4 o'clock and I'd worked out that it would take me nearly two hours to get my next destination for the day. I made my back to my car.
As I put my purchases into the boot I decided that it would be nice to slip on the sports bra and to wear that to drive homewards.
I should have decided to put the bra on in the toilets in the mall. Sitting in my car and trying to slip on a bra without taking my top off and letting the whole world see what I was doing was very strenuous. I was sweating by the time I had had several attempts and finally decided that the best way to do it was to slip it around my waist and fasten it then turn it around, pull it up and slip my arms into it. By the time I was decently dressed again I had worked up a real sweat.
I thoroughly enjoyed my shopping expedition. I've now got two new dresses, a new top and waistcoat, a pair of leggings that will go with the top and a pair of wedge sandals. The only thing that would have made the trip better was to have had a girlfriend along with me to help me browse and choose.

The drive back was uneventful, the sensation from wearing the sports bra was really pleasant. However, it wasn't straight home for me but one more visit to make. More about that in my next post though.

No comments:

Post a Comment