Pages

Sunday 25 March 2012

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

We had a bit of an impromptu trip to the seaside yesterday.
Over the last few weeks my son has traded in his Playstation 2 and games at Game and has had quite a bit of money to use up. After Game were in the news last week because they were looking at going into Administration we decided that he needed to use up the money he had on his Game card.
As our local Game store doesn't have any of the Spylander models for the game he's currently playing on his Nintendo Wii he decided that he'd like to upgrade from his DSi to the Nintendo 3DS. Trading in his existing Nintendo and some games left him with enough to be able to get the 3DS. There was only one slight hitch. Our local store only had pink ones!

Now as you can imagine a 14 year old boy is not going to want a pink Nintendo so we had the shop ring around some of the other local branches to try and find somewhere that had a different colour. In the end the Weymouth store had a black one so they were asked to keep it until we could get there.

It was a beautiful day for a trip to the seaside.

When we got there we made our way to the shop and picked up the 3DS. After that it was time to have a walk around the shops as we made our way to the promenade for ice cream.

The beach wasn't packed like it will be in a couple of months but there were still people paddling in the sea and sitting around enjoying the nice weather.

On our way back to our car we made a quick visit to Debenhams to have a look at clothes.

On our way back out we stopped in the shoe department. I found a gorgeous pair of heels in my size but resisted the temptation to buy them. While I was browsing the rest of the section I commented to my son every time I saw a nice pair of shoes that they weren't my size. After I'd finished browsing he started looking at shoes, picking them up and commenting that they were my size. Every time I said really he replied "No" with a chuckle.

We had a great day out.

I didn't look at any boots but I think a bit of Nancy is called for.


Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walking

No comments:

Post a Comment