Pages

Saturday 3 March 2012

Life Circle 2012 - No, nyet and non

Life Circle



This weeks task for the Life Circle was to encourage an awareness of how much we say yes and how much we say, or don't say, no.

This week I've not had a lot of chance to say no, most things that I've done have been things that I've wanted to do or had to do as part of my job. However, there was one thing that I had to say no to.

Last week I was faced with a choice. I could either make life easier for other people by reverting back to the person I was up until the beginning of January or I could say no.

In the end I decided that I couldn't face doing that, not only because I didn't see why I should do but also because to do so would have meant getting changed at work or hoping that it would be possible to change at home.

I informed my family that I'd be staying at work until they went out for something to eat and then I'd come home, get changed and then pop out to a friends for a couple of hours.

Chatting with my friend was good fun, we even had a glass of wine each.

I felt annoyed at first when presented with the situation but knew that I had to do something that would leave me in a position where nobody would be able use Monday evening against me. Of course I'm sure that my staying at work and not joining the family that evening could still be used against me but at least I can say that I was presented with a situation of somebody else's choosing and I made things as easy as I could for them.

During the evening it was stressful, in fact I developed a bad headache by the time I arrived home and had to take some painkillers before walking to my friend's house. The painkillers, fresh air, and wine, helped get rid of the headache.

Since that evening I've felt quite happy about things. I know where I stand with some people and I'm more than happy with the situation, so is my liver. I've made decisions and if people aren't happy with them then that is their problem and something that they need to come to terms with.


No comments:

Post a Comment