Pages

Saturday 17 March 2012

Life Circle 2012 - Pushing the Envelope (Recap)

Life Circle

When I wrote up the Pushing the Envelope task I mentioned that I had something planned which would stretch me. Well I can finally reveal what it is.


Towards the end of February I put in my application for voluntary redundancy at work. Although I'd thought about it for a while but kept deciding that I wasn't going to, several things happened and I changed my mind. I've not heard if my application has been accepted but I'm now looking for a new job. Ideally I want something in the Bristol area so that I can further my burlesque but I'm open to anything that would mean a shorter drive than I currently have to do.


Last Wednesday I had my first interview in nearly 14 years and my first ever interview as Jenna. I think that it went OK but I'm not sure that I'm the person that they are looking for. I have a good idea of what they should actually be looking for but that isn't what they are currently doing.

I'm not convinced that I'm the person that they are look but I'm not sure that they are going to find that person. I could do the bulk of the role though.

Next Friday I have my second interview. From discussing the job with a colleague who has already been offered and accepted a similar role I'm confident that the job is something I can do and it would be an excellent opportunity for me. The more I hear about this opportunity the more I'm thinking that if I get offered this position and my redundancy application is accepted then I'll jump at the chance.

All of this is certainly stretching me. I'm having to deal with new people, face up to starting a new job in a new place with new people. Scary stuff normally but with where I am in life its a bit more scary but so far it seems to be OK. 


1 comment:

  1. Oooh good luck Jenna. Always remember they wouldn't bother interviewing you if they didn't think you could do the job.

    dbaskls

    ReplyDelete