Pages

Friday 16 July 2010

Asda Price

I was in the supermarket last night, on my way home from work, picking up a few things. As I reached the self-service checkouts I happened to glance to my left and saw a couple of the staff talking with someone. Blonde wig, nice dress, didn't quite notice the shoes but they probably went with the dress nicely.
If only they had worn some make-up.
There was no mistaking it, it was a guy in a dress. No attempt at blending in.
I had to smile. Tempting as it was to go over and say hello, the place was heaving and I had to get back home in order to get back out.
As I was passing the pharmacy though I could see quite a few of the staff looking over and saying that they came in like that from time to time.
I'm sure that there were a few glances from other shoppers but nobody was causing any fuss. As you'd expect from a lot of the great British public they were just treating her like they would anyone else they thought was a bit eccentric.
I'd actually heard from some friends about this person and apparently when she is shopping she'll chat to anyone and everyone. Good for her I say.
I did look out for them when I was in the car park but no joy. It would have been nice to say hello and introduce myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment