Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Timey Wimey for some news

Yes, we did see the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special. In fact my son and I went to see it in 3D at our local cinema. We also have it recorded so will be watching it again in due course.

But.

That's not the news I have.

I've had my latest appointment at the Laurels. I had a 9am appointment with my counsellor and a 12 noon appointment with my doctor.
The first appointment went well even though when I raised a few things S said I'd have to ask the doctor.
So with two hours to kill between appointments I went into Exeter and had a wander around the cathedral for an hour then slowly made my way back to the clinic.

When I saw the doctor we went over how I'd been and then got down to business and discussed what I wanted to know. The upshot of my questions was that we had to pop into the examination room so that I could disrobe, with the medical secretary there so she would be aware of what was discussed.

The first thing I asked was about breast augmentation. When I was about 18 I had gynaecomastia and underwent surgery to remove the excess tissue from the enlarged breast. After 18 months on hormones I have asymmetrical growth, one breast has developed to at least an A cup, the other pretty much flat. My doctor is therefore going to recommend me for reconstructive surgery to get things balanced. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

The second thing I asked was about electrolysis down below. Again he examined me and confirmed that I would indeed need electrolysis to get everything in a suitable state to allow surgery to go ahead.

Which leads to the final thing we discussed.
Having seen so many of the other girls getting their second opinions and having dates for their surgeries I decided that now might be a good time to at least look at the second opinion. It seems that there is a 2 to 3 month wait for an appointment. That will take me to about February or March.
There is then a wait to get to meet the surgical team and get a date for surgery. As I'm still aiming for surgery after my son has completed his GCSEs that would take me to the summer so if I keep with my plan and agree a later date with them then by next September or October I could be in Brighton having my operation. Which is about the time that I wanted it. If I'd waited until April as planned to ask for my referral then I'd have probably been looking at 2015 for my surgery if not longer.

So now I just have to wait for my second opinion appointment and after that has happened and I've been referred onwards to Brighton then I'll need to tell my family. Something I haven't done yet and will be leaving until after Christmas and I've been to my appointment for my second opinion.

So things are moving and I'm a really happy bunny.

Roll on 2014, its going to be one fabulous year.

No comments:

Post a Comment