Pages

Saturday 12 May 2012

Changing Marriage - Let the government know what you think

A while back I wrote about how there were plans to redefine marriage to allow for same sex marriages.

The government have now launched their consultation about their plans.

The online form for people to respond and the consultation document outlining their plans can be found on the Home Office website here.

It will be interesting to see how this progresses and what kind of response that the government receive.

From a completely selfish point of view the idea of same sex marriage is a welcome one as it would mean that in order to get a gender recognition certificate once I've completed my gender reassignment I don't have to get divorced with the effect that would have on my family.

If you'd like to have your say go along to the Home Office website and complete the form. 


No comments:

Post a Comment