Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

Transition Plan

When I set my date of the 9th January to begin my Real Life Experience I started looking around for as many lists of things that I could find to guide me as to what I needed to do and who I needed to contact. I picked up a few examples online and through people on UK Angels.

In the end I pulled all of these together to produce my own transition plan of the things I needed to do. My Transition To Do List. As Kate has set us the task of using the Importance/Urgency technique to try and manage our time better this week I thought I'd share my plan.


Activity                         
Inform GP                     
Assessment with Psychiatrist and referral to GIC
GIC appointment at The Laurels
Inform friends and relatives
Inform work
Inform church
Change name by Deed Poll
Laser hair removal
Begin Real Life Experience
Voice therapy
Photos for driving license, passport etc.
Apply for new driving license
Apply for new passport
Inform people and companies of name change:
  • Land registry
  • Gas and electricity
  • Water
  • Mobile Phone
  • Television License
  • Car insurance
  • Car registration
  • HMRC
  • Bank
  • Stakeholder pension
  • Dentist
  • Doctor
  • Hospital
  • Optician
  • Council Tax
  • Electoral Roll
  • Tax Credits

Update membership records:
  • Tesco Clubcard
  • Boots
  • Library
  • Gym
  • Blood Donation Service
  • Health Insurance
  • Triathlon Club
  • British Triathlon
  • Bone Marrow Register
This is not the full list but as you can see there are a lot of people that need to be informed of a change of status like this. Some things are fairly easy to change, others simply require you to send a copy of your Deed Poll.

The ones that was simplest and provided the least trouble was informing Her Majesty's Customs and Revenue. All that took was to complete an online form and let them have a copy of my Deed Poll. 
The one that has proved to be the source of the biggest embarrassment to me is changing my name on my hospital and doctors records. I've now found out that this has to be done via the NHS Central Register as I have to be issued with a new NHS number. I'm sure that there is a good reason for this but I don't know what it is. 

My full transition list split some of these, such as informing family and friends down into individuals or couples. On top of that I added comments for each activity and an indication of whether it had been done, was being done or had been completed.

Its certainly been one To Do List that I'm glad that I put together.

Now I just need to work out another To Do List of things that I need to do during my transition and work through that. Now lets see:

Pick up some bits and pieces at Asda
Do weekly shop at Tesco
Fill car with petrol and pay at kiosk
Go out for coffee with friends
Go out for a meal
Do everyday things.


No comments:

Post a Comment