Pages

Sunday 4 August 2013

Busy weekend

The family disappeared off to my sister-in-laws on Friday so I've had a quiet if busy weekend.
Yesterday morning I got up and headed the gym [Yes Cass I finally managed to drag myself down there].
20 minute walk there, half an hour mix of treadmill, cross-trainer, rower and weight machines, walk into town and then another 20 minute walk back home.

The rest of the weekend has been spent sanding down walls and ceilings, applying a coat of plaster and then today putting up lining paper so that I can finally finish decorating our spare room.
Tomorrow when I get back from work I plan on painting the ceiling and maybe even the woodwork.

Next weekend is going to be equally busy as I need to finish decorating and boxing in where I removed the built in cupboard and breeze blocks. Once all that has been done then I just need to put down some carpet and put a bed in there and I'll have finished a project that I started far too long ago.

I've not been in too much of a hurry to finish decorating the room because once it is finished then its not going to be too long before my other half asks me to move in there rather than us continuing to share a bed which is what we've been doing since I transitioned. It will be interesting to see what happens with our relationship at that point. As much as we are still married my moving into a separate room is going to mark a major change in our relationship and I'm not sure either of us really know what that relationship is going to look like.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna!

    Congratulations on your gym excursion! :-) I went for a walk yesterday (it was glorious here) for 90 minutes. I was planning to go to the gym today as well, but the weather is just as beautiful, so another walk is on tap. Yea!

    Best of luck moving forward with the spare room. Hope it all works out for the best, whatever form that may take.

    I'm off to enjoy the sunshine! :D

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cass,
      We had a nice day yesterday. Today wasn't quite as nice with some rain. Glad I was indoors :-)
      I had planned on going swimming this morning but decided that I'd better get on with the decorating. That counts as exercise doesn't it?

      It will be interesting to see how things turn out. Ff we start to drift apart and are more like friends than a married couple then it be fascinating to see how we deal with it if either of us decided we want to go out on dates with other people.

      Delete