Pages

Saturday 15 December 2012

Poking the nose in

Earlier this week someone we knew about 3 years ago and fell out with came back into our lives.
V became friends with my other half when they were working at one of the local schools together. Her son was a couple of years younger than my son and her husband worked for one of the biggest companies in the area.

We got one pretty well together, until one of our friends got taken seriously ill and V started getting very friendly with her with the result that my other half and our friend fell out. Fortunately they made up before she passed away.

V then had problems with her marriage and after splitting from her husband moved in with a new partner.

For the last 3 years we've not seen or heard from her. Then she shows up on our doorstep while I was at work.

V knows about me as she saw me one lunchtime towards the end of last year in the town centre. It was after I'd been growing my hair out for a while. When she then bumped into another of hour friends she asked about me and was told.

This week she turns up at our place because she was in the area and had some time to spare. My other half and her had a cup of tea and a chat. During the chat V turned around and suggested to my other half that when she was ready to find herself a guy that V knew of someone. She apparently even showed a picture of the guy in question. My other half sent V a text the following day to say she wasn't interested and that we were planning on staying together.

When I was told I immediately wondered why she was sticking her nose into our business and making assumptions about our relationship.

Now I know what V is like and to be honest doing something like this is what I would expect from her but it is overstepping the mark somewhat.

I mentioned what had happened to some friends in work and the best reaction I had was from one of the guys who said to me that perhaps I should ask V to introduce me to her friend. Hmm, nope, if I want a man or even a woman I'll find my own thank you very much. Not that I have any need to do that as I have someone special in my life already.

2 comments:

  1. Women get jealous of other women and try to ruin things for them so that the jealous woman can feel better about herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I've had that with some other people.
      One went and told several people that I was going to transition, after I'd confided in her, while things were still at a very early stage in my visits to the gender clinic.

      Another person decided to stir things up between me and someone to the point where there were comments put on her Facebook page by some of her friends that they would get me.

      Certainly with the second one her life at the time was pretty bad and she was obviously trying to make herself feel better and my situation was an obvious something that she could use to do that both from stirring things up and also going around and talking about me with other people because she knew something they didn't.

      Delete