Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Running free

My new exercise regime continues!
I managed to get out for a run this morning, although it didn't quite go to plan.
Up early, 2 mugs of coffee later and I'm in my running gear. Pick up my Garmin GPS which I'd turned on so it can pick up satellite signals before I head out the door so that I'm not standing around like a lemon while it does that outside.
Go to put it on and it bleeps at me and tells me its got a low battery. Doh! I've not charged it since I did the Outlaw Half in June. Shows how much running I've done since then.
Only thing for it is to go without it and just use a normal watch.
Out the door and a minute or two into my run I realised that I'm still wearing the heart rate monitor strap under my top. Oh well, I'm not going back to the house to take it off.
30 minutes and about 3 miles later and I'm back home.
For once it was nice to simply get out there and run without worrying about how far, long or fast I'm going.

Its not running free but its how I feel when I get one of those runs where I feel like I could just run and run. Besides I loved the films and the books.


No comments:

Post a Comment