Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2010

I can't believe it!

When I saw Doctor Brooks for my second appointment in Taunton and discussed what I could do while waiting to go forward with transitioning I mentioned electrolysis and voice therapy.
From recent experiences I'm able to pass as female when out and about.
The thing that is going to let me down is my voice. If I can work on that so I sound like a woman then my confidence levels will be so high it will be unbelievable.
When the gender identity clinic got back to me and told me that they didn't recommend people for electrolysis or voice therapy until they have started to transition I was disappointed. However, Doctor Brooks told me that there was a speech and language therapist at my local hospital who I would most likely be referred to and that she might be willing to do a voice assessment. I asked the her if she could see if that would be possible, even though it seemed unlikely.
Well, this week I received a letter informing me that I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the Speech and Language Therapy Department for a voice assessment.
Even if she only gives me a few pointers on how to sound more feminine when I speak then it will be worth it.
With plans to go out more next year to clubs, shopping and for meals and the odd drink while en femme then being able to present as completely as female as possible will be a big boost to my confidence.
I'll be posting later to tell how things went.

No comments:

Post a Comment